MRI Scan is the safest, radiation-free procedure using strong magnetic fields and radio waves to generate images of the organs in the body. At Abdi Waluyo, we use GE 3T MRI Signa Premier technology, which is the first of its kind in Asia. It provides high-quality and clearest images possible which is important in making an accurate diagnosis. It features the most extensive range of breakthrough imaging techniques from routine brain, spine, and orthopedic studies to specialized vascular and cardiac applications plus more sophisticated functional and spectroscopy exams.
- Twice the strength and image quality of 1.5 T MRI
- Images of amazing clarity and details of anatomy and pathology
- Diagnostic capabilities for assessment of conditions, including stroke, cancer and musculoskeletal disease
- It is ideal for everyone, including geriatric, pediatric, pregnant, and claustrophobic patients
What do I need to know?
If you have a history of surgery, you may have some implants in your body that could be unsuitable for an MRI examination. Our MRI team will ask should you have the following conditions or implants:
- Aneurysm clip
- Implantable cardioverter defibrillator (ICD)
- Metal implant
- Implanted drug infusion device
- Bullet wounds
- Foreign metal objects, especially if in or near the eye
- Dentures/teeth with magnetic keepers
- Permanent cosmetics or tattoos
- Medication patch (i.e., transdermal patch) that contains a metal foil
- Other implants that can be affected by magnets
These items are not allowed in the MRI room:
- Jewelry, watches, credit cards and hearing aids — all of which can be damaged.
- Pens, pocketknives, and eyeglasses.
- Pins, metal hair accessories, underwire bras, and metal zippers, which can distort MRI images.
- Cell phones, electronic watches, and tracking devices.
- Body piercings.
- Removable dental work, such as dentures.