MRI 1.5 Tesla Silent Scanner uses powerful magnetic fields and radio frequency pulses to produce detailed pictures of organs, soft tissues, bone, and other internal body structures.
Silent Scanner is designed to capture the best possible diagnostic image quality while making the scan experience as pleasant as possible for the patient. It combines the benefits of wide bore and reduced MR scanner noise to near ambient sound.
What do I need to know?
If you have a history of surgery, you may have some implants in your body that could be unsuitable for an MRI examination. Our MRI team will ask should you have the following conditions or implants:
- Aneurysm clip
- Implantable cardioverter defibrillator (ICD)
- Metal implant
- Implanted drug infusion device
- Bullet wounds
- Foreign metal objects, especially if in or near the eye
- Dentures/teeth with magnetic keepers
- Permanent cosmetics or tattoos
- Medication patch (i.e., transdermal patch) that contains a metal foil
- Other implants that can be affected by magnets
These items are not allowed in the MRI room:
- Jewelry, watches, credit cards and hearing aids — all of which can be damaged.
- Pens, pocketknives, and eyeglasses.
- Pins, metal hair accessories, underwire bras, and metal zippers, which can distort MRI images.
- Cell phones, electronic watches, and tracking devices.
- Body piercings.
- Removable dental work, such as dentures.